December 15, 2010

Reverb10: Day 7 + 8

Back again! Phew I know this is a lot Reverb10 at once but I'm determined to do all of the prompts this month! I'll slow it down a bit after this week, I promise.

December 7 – Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? (Author: Cali Harris)
The second half of 2010 was eye-opening for me in regards to the vast online community for recent grads and young professionals. As I started to think seriously at the end of my senior year about my professional future, my interest in social media started to grow. I wasn't quite sure how to go about learning more about this industry until a chance encounter last April. I met David Spinks, a Geneseo grad back for alumni weekend. He told me about what he had been up to in his year after graduation and encouraged me to check out the twitter chat he had co-founded for young professionals, #u30pro. This community was definitely my jumping off point for getting more involved online. I started becoming more active with twitter, reading blogs, and networking with other recent grads. It has been eye-opening, educational, and more interactive than I could ever imagine. With the creation of the u30pro facebook group, new thought-provoking industry discussions are popping up everyday. u30pro has definitely been the community that I am most grateful for discovering in 2010. In 2011, I hope to become even more involved, and step up my weekly chat participation :-)

December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)


To be honest, I'm not really feeling this prompt. I was hoping I would get more in the mood to write about it over the last few days...but it hasn't happened so i'm skipping it. Shh, don't tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment