December 20, 2010

Sunscreen.



I love this video. Every few months I watch it to give myself some perspective and get a reminder of a few "simple" life lessons. Plus, it makes me smile.

Some of my favorite lessons:
1.) You are not as fat as you imagine
2.) Know that worrying about the future is as effective as trying to solve an equation by chewing bubblegum.
3.) Don't be reckless with other people's hearts, don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.
4.) Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people I know didn't know what they wanted to do at 22.
5.) Your choices are half chance...so are everyone else's.
6.) Enjoy your body. Don't be afraid of it, or what other people think of it.
7.) Dance. Even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.
8.) Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.
9.) Don't expect anyone else to support you.
10.) Wear sunscreen.

Brilliant guy this sunscreen man. 

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of sitting at meeting, surrounded by my favorite people in the world, listening to this and realizing how lucky I am.. Miss you and rlk Wednesdays so much.

    #4 is my daily mantra lately.

    Can't wait to be reunited, so soon. <3

    ReplyDelete