April 19, 2012

One resolution down.


My "7am-absolutely-terrified-what-was-I-thinking" face. 
BUT...done! :)
After finishing my first half marathon in Central Park.

This weekend I accomplished something I never really thought I would...I ran my first half marathon! I put it on my New Years Resolution list that I posted a few months ago, but truthfully, part of me thought I would never actually go through with it. Even in the days leading up to the race, I tried to downplay it or not even tell a lot of people I was running it because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do it...or maybe just thought it really wasn't that big of a deal. But then I did it, and truthfully, I did so much better than I ever thought I could have. I felt proud of myself again...and receiving all the encouragement and congrats by friends and family made me realize it IS a big deal! I ran 13 miles. I RAN 13 miles. It's something  I can check off my life list. Now, to beat my time on the next one... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment